Total Pageviews

Sunday 10 June 2018

Holly and The Ivy

This week was my third visit to The Ivy in Harrogate. Once with husband of our anniversary, once as a treat for my daughter Holly post university exams and pre trip to do Camp America. This week was a visit with my octogenarian parents. 

The Ivy was first founded in 1917 as an Italian cafe in London and its proximity to theatre-land made it popular with theatre goers, actors and celebrities. This Art Deco gem has been rolled out across the country in the form of Ivy Cafes and Ivy Brasseries.

My daughter and I had recently visited the Granary Square Brasserie near Kings Cross and had enjoyed our rushed meal very much before having to rush for our train. On visiting The Ivy Harrogate we were struck by the similarities and now realise they are part of the Ivy Collection.

On both occasions I went for a roasted butternut squash base with chickpeas, feta, leaves and pomegranate. Both delicious. (The Granary Square was a bigger portion!)



Dad had steak with eggs and chips. He didn't manage all the steak and so we asked to take it home for my dog. Beautifully packaged, I won't show you what's inside the box!


No comments:

Post a Comment