Total Pageviews

Sunday 17 June 2018

Father's role

It's Father's Day here in the UK. Its origins date back to the Middle Ages although we probably followed the Americans who began this celebration in 1910. A young girl named Grace Golden Clayton lost her own father in a mining accident along with 360 others. This left approximately a thousand fatherless children. She suggested to her pastor that we honour fathers everywhere.

My maiden name is also Clayton, although I am not blessed with the same middle name. We have celebrated today with my own father, father-in-law and husband and father to my children. 

Here is the card my husband received -


What about vegetarian sausage rolls, vegetarian spring rolls, vegetarian sushi rolls ...
Bet they don't make cards for we vegetarians!

No comments:

Post a Comment