Total Pageviews

Sunday 20 November 2016

That Old Chestnut!

Last year I wrote about chestnuts and here I am again. It must be the time of year.

A friend had booked a restaurant for last night and had kindly checked the menu on the website to make sure there were vegetarian options. YESSS! Chestnut risotto! That'll do nicely! I was practically salivating all the way to the restaurant in anticipation only to find, NOOO! They'd run out! Gutted!

The same friend had spent time in Italy last month and sent me photos from a walk through the forest. They were walking on a spongey path of fallen chestnuts, literally hundreds of them. They then roasted them on an open fire. SOOO jealous!



My quest for this week is to make myself a chestnut risotto. A quick glance at recipes has shown the inclusion of pancetta! I guess it can just be left out. That and the chicken stock! 

No comments:

Post a Comment