Total Pageviews

Sunday 4 October 2015

Alligator pears and fertility fruit (aka avocados)!

- Earlier this year my daughter told me about a delicious avocado-on-toast meal she had eaten at local cafe, Toast House in Ilkley, Yorkshire.

- Recently I sat at my kitchen table looking at a solitary ripe avocado and wondering what to do with it. What was the combo I mused.

- A few minutes later - Aha! A moment of recollection; it was mixed with peanut butter! How nutritious!

- A few seconds later - Er, I don't think so; it's pretty vile!

- Fast forward a month and I'm sitting in a wonderful cafe called Mrs Atha's in Leeds eating the most delicious avocado-on-toast meal. Strangely there wasn't a smear of peanut butter to be found! Instead there was perfectly ripe avocado smeared across two slices of granary toast, dusted with a few chilli flakes and topped off with a poached egg bursting with yolkiness.


- Now - I wonder if I can recreate it for my lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment