Total Pageviews

Sunday 16 February 2020

The Vegetarian Valentine

What to do on Valentine's Day? Restaurants are fully booked unless you're organised and booked in good time, otherwise it's a 5pm or 10pm booking! Dinner for two at home? Many supermarkets offer dine-in deals and we did succumb to a Waitrose offer. I had what would have been the starter (a pea and spinach risotto) whilst my other half enjoyed the salmon. We shared one side of cauliflower cheese and I cooked him roast potatoes. Obviously we ate the dessert and drank the prosecco! The other side dish was roast veggies which I have had for tea tonight. The other salmon en croute is in the freezer. Good value at £20.00

I did make a bit of effort on Saturday night by cooking my heart shaped pasta from Italy. I made a puttanesca sauce to go with it - black olives, capers and tomatoes with plenty of garlic and a kick of chilli. Good job we both ate it! 



Raw dried pasta hearts


Cooked pasta hearts




No comments:

Post a Comment