Total Pageviews

Sunday 31 March 2019

The Mother of All Days

Mothering Sunday. The day we celebrate the mother of all ...well, mothers. Our own is, or should be, the best, whether birth mother, adopted mother or chosen as a mother figure.

Today my own children have been kind to their mother. They have a) (most importantly) treated me with their presence and b) (a close second) treated me with their presents. It's been a win-win! Aside from the beautiful flowers and cards I was given a new veggie cookbook; The Green Roasting Tin by Rukmini Iyer.

So far I've only had chance to read the intro and gaze at the beautiful pictures (something my children would have done at an early age, declaring they'd "read the book!") and already I'm hooked. I haven't been allowed in the kitchen much today but I'm raring to have a week of tasty easy-peasy vegan and vegetarian tray bakes. The ingredient combinations look amazing and there are a mixture of quick midweek suppers and longer, slower weekend bakes. I love cooking but am quite a lazy cook and really like the idea of swishing stuff around in a shallow tray with a drizzle of this and a sprinkle of that before leaving it to absorb flavour as it cooks without any interference until serving time. 


As Rukmini writes "chop, kick back and let the oven do the work." Yes ma'am!

No comments:

Post a Comment