Total Pageviews

Sunday 7 July 2019

Maca and Matcha

Yes it's the middle of Wimbledon fortnight and John (Maca) McKenroe, ex-tennis star and superbrat is now commentating on this year's matches. I, however, am writing about a different Maca and Matcha!

Maca powder is derived from the root of a vegetable which is cleaned, dehydrated and milled. It originates in the Andes and has been used for centuries as a medicinal and nutritional food source. It contains fibre and thiamin and is thought to combat stress and fatigue. It has a comforting, malty taste and can be added to smoothies, porridge and yogurts. 

I like to have it in porridge.


Matcha originates in Eastern Asia and is a finely ground powder of green tea leaves. It is believed to have cancer fighting qualities as well as a preventing heart disease and type 2 diabetes. It is also thought to have calming, yet energising properties. It is added to boiling water to make tea or used as a flavouring.

I have only tried it in a mixture with spirulina and wheatgrass so I'm not sure which was the overriding taste. I mixed it in to my porridge and it looked like a bowl of pesto. I then practically had to hold my nose and eat it. Not pleasant. 

Maybe I just need to up my GAME and SET the table AND enjoy my MATCHA. After all, it may just be ACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment