Total Pageviews

Sunday 4 November 2018

Venturesome Vegan

November is World Vegan Month. Vegans around the world celebrate and promote their lifestyle, health and environmental benefits and hope to get more people to join them on the vegan vehicle.

Whilst not a vegan myself, I am interested in finding out more, swapping some meals to vegan and learning about more sustainable substitutes. I gave up meat and fish 28 years ago, basically because I did not enjoy eating them. Since then, it has become more about the wider issues. I do eat dairy. I do wear leather shoes. I don't always check that products I use are vegan. 

I think my way forward is to make subtle changes so here is my Veg Pledge:-

- to try substituting dairy for animal-free products

- to look into animal-free and sustainable clothing

- to check labels on beauty and cleaning products

- to question ingredients on medicines and foods

- to stop eating jelly sweets (my very guilty secret) which contain gelatin

I'll let you know how I get on. In the meantime I am ordering a copy of Lucy Watson's Feed Me Vegan. Oh, and some Veja trainers; made from organic cotton, rubber from the Amazon, vegetable-tanned leather and recycled plastic bottles. Stylish, on-trend and Eco-friendly. 
 


Baby steps!


No comments:

Post a Comment