Total Pageviews

Sunday 13 August 2017

Festival Food

I really hadn't expected much. My daughter, a regular festival goer, had assured me there would at least be cheesy chips - great!

We tried to smuggle food in but even our sweets were confiscated. The pure delight of sneaking in a bag of crisps was almost too much. We held our contraband aloft to cheers from our neighbours.

Well, in actual fact, the food was okay. Sure it was geared up mainly to meat and fish eaters with burgers, pulled pork, hotdogs, duck wraps and fish and chips but there were several vegetarian options.

Vegetable paella, halloumi kebabs, patatas bravas, six flavours of wood fired pizzas, veggie bean burritos, nachos and, yes, cheesy chips.

The first day was warm and sunny and I opted for the bean burrito and a Mister Whippy ice cream. Several cans of cider helped with my YMCA routine. The second day was cooler and rainy so a Pugliese pizza and cup of hot chocolate fitted the bill nicely. Air-guitar rocking to Status Quo under an umbrella was a first for me. 




If music be the food of love, play on.

No comments:

Post a Comment