Total Pageviews

Sunday 23 July 2017

Winner Winner Veggie Dinner

July and my garden is looking colourful in some areas but a little sad in others. Many plants have been and gone; at their best at the end of May/early June. A trip to Tatton Park Flower Show was required for a little inspiration.

The picnic and Pimms were consumed on arrival and then it was time for a walk around the show gardens, stalls, pavilion and plant stands. The flowers were bountiful and beautiful and the gardens illuminating.

Inside the pavilion were wonderful displays of plants from growers around the country. I was particularly  impressed with the vegetable stand. Literally a work of art. My own vegetable garden gave way to a new patio a couple of years ago and I miss going out to pull up veggies and pick beans and berries. There is something very satisfying about producing your own meal from start to finish. 



I am currently looking for a new area of the garden to covert for veggies or fruit. I'll find that space so you can watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment