Total Pageviews

Sunday 5 February 2017

Vegging Out

This week I have discovered something about myself. I am a lazy vegetarian! When I only have to think about myself I turn to jacket potato with beans and cheese; soup and toast and even drained chilli bean soup with rice.

 A colleague asked me what I was having for lunch and my reply was "a hot cross bun!" Hardly nutritious. The same evening another friend asked if she could pick my brain on how to cook various beans, pulses and grains in order for her to start meat free Mondays. In my panic my mind went blank and I mumbled something about getting some info to her.

The next day I was flicking through the January Waitrose magazine and discovered it was entirely dedicated to a vegetarian diet with lots of information and ideas for meals. Hurrah! It was just the kick up the bum I needed to refresh my diet.

I started with halloumi burgers (which all the family enjoyed) and have today made gnocchi with broccoli and hazelnuts. That was deemed delicious too but there was not enough of it! Praise indeed! 


Although I have several vegetarian cookbooks it sometimes takes a different medium to ignite inspiration and increase one's repertoire.

No comments:

Post a Comment