Total Pageviews

Sunday 22 May 2016

Seven Square Meals!

"So what exactly do you eat?" It's a question I am asked all the time and, unfortunately, I never have a ready answer. During this week's National Vegetarian Week (NVW) I decided to keep a log of my meals and take a good hard look at what exactly I do eat!

Well, I'm proud to say that this week there were no beans on toast nor jacket potatoes - the vegetarian staple in most people's eyes.

Monday
Chilli bean soup with whole meal pittas

Tuesday
Stuffed peppers with Mediterranean rice

Wednesday
Roast pepper and halloumi pasta with garlic bread

Thursday
Tomato and mozzarella tart with salad

Friday
Halloumi and vegetable kebabs with salad, potato wedges and lentils at a BBQ with friends

Saturday
Avocado smash with poached eggs on toasted bagel

Sunday
Cauliflower, sultana and onion pasta with pecorino cheese at Stuzzi Italian in Harrogate, Yorkshire

Bright, colourful, tasty food all week. I'm no great cook so if I can do it - anyone can! It doesn't have to be NVW for you to give it a go - maybe just start by having meat free Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment